How to Make Money as a Freelancer
“How to make money online” is one of the most searched items on the Internet now-a-days. People who use internet are not only busy with Facebook or any other social media, video downloading sites but also interested to make some money from the internet in order to make their spent time valuable and worthwhile. If you are also looking for such opportunity to be self employed and eager to offer your services to buyers without engaging yourself in a long term commitment, I bet you will love to work as a freelancer.
A freelancer or freelance worker is somebody who is self employed and offer their services to employer/buyer without a long term commitment
Working as a freelancer is a great way to be self employed and make money from home by offering your services or skills to the prospective clients who really need it. And if people want to get things done from the people like you to build their business, they will pay you for what you did for them and thus you will be making money as a freelancer. For a freelancer, there are hundreds of thousands of jobs available in Freelancer.com (you may take a look at some of the available jobs here) which can provide you with huge monetary gain you never imagined before and even you can quit from your daily full time boring job by providing your freelance services. As earning possibilities have no limitations here, you can reach your long cherished golden mark of possible earning within a very few days.
One question might come to your mind by this time: how to make money as a freelancer? And what steps I will have to take to start this freelance money making journey?
Well, here I will describe everything about the steps of making money as a Freelancer and what freelance jobs are waiting for you to take you in the next level of success and financial gain.
Steps of Making Money by Freelancer.com
- Sign Up – The Very First Step: In order to make money as a freelancer, you must have to open an account on freelance marketplaces like Freelancer.Com. I am here recommending you the Freelancer.Com as this is one of the largest and trusted Freelancing Sites ever and you will get hundreds of thousands of available freelance jobs there to make your first Job Bid online. Fixed price and Hourly, both kind of jobs are available on Freelancr.com, so Sign Up Now and start making money as a freelancer.
- Decorate Your Profile: After creating an account in Freelancer.Com, add your profile Photo (which has a some sort of professional look), testimonials, portfolio and the details about your skills. The more information you will be able to provide in your profile about your skills and experience, the better chance you will have to get hired. Don’t emphasize on too many skills at the beginning. Show the best skills you have and entice buyers to hire you. If you add too many skills on your profile, this means you are an average contractor who has no powerful skills or experiences on any specific sector. So, beware of this and show yourself as an expert no matter what sector you are targeting.
- Start Bidding: This is one of the most important steps that you are going to take. So be careful. I see lots of people are spending time to learn thousands of ways to earn money online but they never have taken a single action to make these all happen! So, after opening your account, complete the profile decoration with your skills and then just jump forward into the bidding world. Search for the jobs that match your skills and click on the jobs to know the details about job requirements. At the initial stage, bid the lower budget projects. After completing some projects successfully, start to bid on high budget projects. This is because, high budget projects published on Freelancer.com require much skilled and expert freelancer to bid on. As you are a newcomer and don’t have sufficient feedback, you might not get such huge projects. So, build your reputation first and add as many completed projects as you can in your profile’s portfolio.
Hope, you have successfully passed the steps I have written above. If so, then you are on the right track. Success is not that far from you now! Just have patience, start bidding, complete the projects brilliantly and let the money flow to your bank account.
Now, here I will give you some basic information on various freelancing jobs available on Freelancer.com or any other similar marketplaces from where you can earn huge amount of money as per your skills and expertise.
- Freelance Article Writing Job: People who love to write and spend lots of time on the internet writing various stuffs, it’s time they made some handy amount of money by freelance writing. There are lots of article writing projects being posted on Freelancer.com everyday and this is a great opportunity for the article writers who think they are capable of writing quality articles on various topics. They can easily turn their hobby into a money making machine. In the article writing category you will find lots of Article related jobs like Technical Writing, SEO-optimized Article Writing, Article Rewriting, PR based Article writing, E-Book writing, Academic Writing, Copywriting and so on.
- Freelance Web Design & Graphics: If you have skills on Graphic Designing and know about how to transform your designed layout into a live website, then this kind of design related projects might also make yourself a millionaire in no time!
- Application Developer: You can freelance your Apps development skills these days. Apps development related projects are usually very high budget projects and you require to have the real professional skills to manage such type of freelancing job. You can get apps development jobs like iPhone Apps Developer, Android Apps Developer, Web Based Application Developer, Social Media Applications and lots of similar stuffs.
- Internet Marketing Jobs: Freelance your internet marketing skills now. If you have a professional internet marketing team, then this kind of jobs are suitable for you. Various SEO, SEM, SMM jobs are categorized in this segment. As Internet marketing is given priority these days, it’s quite easy to manage a job like this now, provided that you are already experienced on this kind of tasks.
- Data Entry Jobs: Data Entry jobs are one of the easiest freelancing jobs ever. Even a do-it-yourself mom can do this type of work from home, if she knows how to type a data and can perform some simple research on the Internet. Various Word related jobs are found on freelancer.com too.
Like those, there are more than a hundred types of jobs available. You may choose any of the jobs from the list.
Ready to make money as freelancer?
I have some tips for you! I am sure these tips will help you to be best in the freelancer marketplace.
Bid for only what you can:
While bidding for a job on freelancer.com, make sure you understand what the client wants and you can do the things just like the client wants to get it done! Don’t bid for the jobs that does not match your skill.
Use Project Clarification Board:
Freelancer.com has a feature called “Project Clarification Board”, where you can ask the buyer about the project before bidding. If you have any question regarding the project, use this feature intelligently.
Write the cover letter effectively:
Every one is busy these days. The buyer may have hundreds of bids for a single job posting, so there is a little chance that every word on your cover letter will be read. It’s better to keep the cover letter short but effective. It saves both of your time.
Be straightforward while you write:
Try to mention in the cover letter what you’ll provide, how much it costs and how long it will take to deliver.
Attach your samples:
Attaching your work samples with cover letter is a very good idea while bidding. Always submit your best work samples. Don’t stick to quantity, rather use your quality samples.
Ensure Quality Work:
When you are working with a client, always make sure that you are offering the best quality service of yours. Client satisfaction should be your very first goal to make a successful freelancing career.
Be fair in tracking time:
For hourly jobs: when you’re tracking time, always make sure that you are doing it honestly. Only track time when you are working for the client and make sure he/she pays you for the hours you worked for him/her.
Keep the client posted:
When you are working on a project, always try to maintain continuous communication with the client. Reply their emails as soon as possible and post messages with regular updates about your work.
Deliver on time:
Always try to deliver your work within the delivery date. You should not be late on delivery. Client satisfaction mostly depends on it.
Making money as a freelancer is not a very hard task now if you know how to do it. Hope, the steps, requirements info and the exclusive tips given above will assist you to be a successful freelancer like exactly what you dreamed of. Username in Freelance Contest: DevsTean. Best of luck guys!