As almost 99% of the freelancers works from home; most of the time, focusing on tasks and completing these in time seems the toughest job for the freelancers. Distraction is a common problem in home and you really can’t avoid these when your Door Bell rings, when your kids scream or when your phone rings. Its not going to be end there. As you are working online; you may be destructed by new email notifications, chatting and new messages notifications along with any other social media notification too.
Distraction is the enemy for every freelancer out there. As you have no boss to monitor your work and nobody is there to push you to do a task within a given time; you might love to work freely. But this will harm your productivity along with killing the valuable time. So, there is no substitute of learning about the methods of how to stay focused on your freelancing tasks by ignoring or kicking the ass of so called distractions.
But, what are the methods? How to stay focused on the tasks? Well, here are the popular 12 time management and laser focusing capabilities enhancement strategies for everybody who wants to make money as a freelancer and for the outsourcing personnel who want to build a business using freelancers.
- Make A To Do List: A To Do list will be knocking you to do the tasks you have assigned yourself at each time you got distracted. A typical To Do list will tell you how many works you have already done and what more yet to do. So, whenever you feel to do something that are not related to your tasks; your TO Do list will remind you that there are still some works undone and you have to finish these before going to anywhere else. There are lots of free online To Do list apps which you can use to increase your productivity and to save your valuable time. I personally use ToodleDo for managing my To Do List.
- Fix A Time For Your Work: Like the traditional office time; you must fix your time for your freelancing work. If you do so, you can output more work within a little time. Whenever you make it a habit; you will find it easy to manage your tasks as you are maintaining a strict time to follow always.
- Make Your Phone Switched When The Output Matters: Sometimes; a freelance have to face the situation like when they must have to provide their products to their buyers within a tiny tough time. And if the phone distraction happens on that time of working; you will lose your attention on work and thus it creates work delay. So, make your mobile phone switched off exactly when you are in tough time.
- Unplug yourself from the Media Distractions: Make your TV, Radio and Music Player switched off. Shut your window if the sounds come from the outside. Sit in any calm room to start your work.
- Sign Out from Social Media & Email Clients: Email Checking and Social Media conversations are the huge time killers these days. We love to check the new exciting mails and are hugely active on various social media like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Sign out from these social media and from your email dashboard to concentrate on your freelancing jobs.
Its your turn now! The above mentioned methods are matter of practicing and becoming habituated with these. If you can handle all of the steps; then you will definitely be a real freelancing goddess whom every buyers will love to hire you as a freelancer.